Tax-free weekend in Myrtle Beach
Top Places to Shop on the Grand Strand during Tax-Free Weekend
Calling all shopping enthusiasts! f you’re a savvy shopper looking for fantastic deals and discounts, then mark your calendars for the much-anticipated Tax-Free Weekend in Myrtle Beach.
South Carolina’s annual Tax-Free Weekend it’s a 72-hour event held from August 4th through August 6th. Often called “Sales Tax Holiday”, it started in the spirit of closing out the summer and making the most of back-to-school shopping with the opportunity to get a variety of school supplies, clothing, shoes, dorm, home goods, and more, exempt from state and local taxes.
While this weekend brings with it a wide array of tax-exempt items for us to enjoy, some products may not qualify. Common items that qualify for Tax-Free Weekend include, but are not limited to:
- Accessories such as hats, scarves, and handbags
- School supplies including, notebooks, pens, paper, backpacks, lunch boxes, and calculators
- Computers, printers, printer supplies, and computer software
- Bath linens, bed linens, bath rugs and mats, towels, shower curtains
- Wedding gowns (purchased, not rented)
- Graduation caps and gowns (purchased, not rented)
Common items that are not exempt from state and local taxes are any item that is rented or placed on layaway, furniture, computer parts, jewelry, housewares, sunglasses, toys, and sporting equipment.
Fortunately for our Myrtle Beach vacationers, there are numerous stores around the area that participate in this penny-saving event. We’ve compiled a list below of the Grand Strand’s top places to shop for Tax-Free Weekend:
North Myrtle Beach (Sales Tax 8%)
Myrtle Beach (Sales Tax 9%)
- Coastal Grand Mall: 2000 Coastal Grand Circle
- Broadway at the Beach: 1325 Celebrity Circle
- The Market Common: 4017 Deville Street
- Tanger Outlets (two locations): 10835 Kings Road & 4635 Factory Stores Boulevard
Explore beyond shopping:
While Tax-Free Weekend is undeniably a shopper’s dream, Myrtle Beach has much more to offer beyond retail therapy. After indulging in a day of tax-free shopping, take some time to explore the city’s breathtaking beaches, enjoy exciting water sports, or immerse yourself in the area’s rich cultural heritage.
Plan an oceanfront getaway and get free attraction tickets when you book direct at Anderson Ocean Club and Spa.